Saturday 4 February 2012

Dizzy and disagreeable?





"Any woman who wishes to smash into the world of men isn't very feminine."

"My agent had told me that he was going to make me the Janet Gaynor of England - I was going to play all the sweet roles. Whereupon, at the tender age of thirteen, I set upon the path of playing nothing but hookers."

"I`m mad they say. I am temperamental and dizzy and disagreeable. Well, let them talk. I can take it. Only one person can hurt me. Her name is Ida Lupino."

"It is fascinating to me that a person`s real private life, they never really know about it. What they don`t know, they make up. But what can they say about me when I have gone? They won`t have anything left. They`ve made up so many lies about me when I`m alive."

"As for Errol being a homosexual - well, I have nothing against those gentlemen, but nothing is farther from the truth."


Ida Lupino (4th February 1918 – 3rd August 1995), actress and pioneering female movie director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]