Monday 22 October 2012

"If I die first, she'll undoubtedly be livid"








Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine when the sisters were still talking






January 2012

“The main problem in marriage is that for a man sex is a hunger like eating. If the man is hungry and can’t get to a fancy French restaurant, he goes to a hot dog stand. For a woman, what is important is love and romance.”

"If you keep marrying as I do, you learn everybody's hobby."

"My sister is a very peculiar lady. When we were young I wasn’t allowed to talk to her friends. Now I’m not allowed to talk to her children, nor are they permitted to see me. This is the nature of the lady. Doesn’t bother me at all."

"I married first, won the Oscar before Olivia did, and if I die first, she'll undoubtedly be livid because I beat her to it!"


Joan Fontaine (born 22nd October 1917)

My previous blogs about Miss Fontaine are here and here

2 comments:

  1. Really is such a shame they don't get along better, but these two are amongest the last of Hollywood royality. And they still both are sharp as tacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. They can't even bear to live on the same continent any more... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]