Thursday 3 January 2013

ZaSu with a "Z"



"One looks at Zasu Pitts and sees pathos, even tragedy, and a wistfulness that craves for something she has never had or hopes to have. Yet she is one of the happiest and most contented women I have ever known." - Erich Von Stroheim (for whom she starred in his 9½ hour epic Greed in 1924).







From The Little Princess in 1917 (alongside Mary Pickford) to It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World in 1963, ZaSu Pitts was rarely out of work in Hollywoodland.

"I was what they called a feature player, never a star. They say I was in 500 films, everything but the newsreels."

Remember her name!


ZaSu Pitts (3rd January 1894 – 7th June 1963)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]