Friday 13 September 2013

This weekend I'm mainly dressing casual...



...like Miss Claudette Colbert (looking good for 110)!











"I've always believed that acting is instinct to start with; you either have it or you don't."

"Hollywood was not my dream, you know. I only left Broadway when the crash came. The Depression killed the theatre, and the pictures were manna from heaven."

"Most of us don't know about happiness until it's over."

"Laughter - it's the key to everything. To a day of gloom or despair, to happy work, to life."


Claudette Colbert (13th September 1903 – 30th July 1996)

4 comments:

  1. I do so love the way people once dressed! For a short bit before I retired I had a women's boutique. Fashion has always been in my blood. I also at that time wrote for some free rags. I generally bemoaned the fact that Americans dressed like slobs. I am going to be 67 and haven't owned jeans since I was 23.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your steadfastness in the face of society's declining standards! Jx

      Delete
  2. Dress casual if you wish but the white fox is mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's me thinking you'd prefer the red snood... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]