Thursday 1 October 2015

My Fair Julie





















"I am very proud to be British. I'm very conscious of carrying my country with me wherever I go. I feel I need to represent it well."

"Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly."

"I am a liberated woman. And I do believe if a woman does equal work she should be paid equal money. But personally I am feminine and I do like male authority to lean on."

"I know what I'm capable of - it's other people who have a problem with my image, not me."

"Hopefully, I brought people a certain joy. That will be a wonderful legacy."

"Sometimes I'm so sweet even I can't stand it."


Dame Julie Andrews is 80 years old today.

All hail.

Julia "Julie" Elizabeth Andrews DBE (née Wells, born 1st October 1935)

More Julie over at my other blog Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful woman indeed. but no "mary poppins"? no "sound of music"?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]